Our bodies around roughly 60% water which means we need to drink A LOT of water to keep everything running smoothly. You’ve heard the golden rule of drink 8 glasses of water a day but in actuality adults should be consuming anywhere from 15.5 cups for men to 11.5 cups for women and even more than that if you exercise regularly.
So, what makes water a miracle drink anyways?
· Gets rid of headaches
· Improves mood / boosts energy
· Relieves fatigue
· Relieves constipation / improves digestion
· Promotes weight loss / reduces food cravings
· Boost immune system
· Improves complexion
· Regulates body temperature
· Flushes out toxins
The best way to get more water each day is to simply start drinking as much as you can! The more water you drink, the more your body will crave it.
Here are some helpful hints to drink more water:
1. Fill up two 32 oz. bottles of water. Drink one before noon and the other before bedtime.
2. Try adding different fruits and herbs to water such as strawberry basil, lemon lavender, or cucumber mint.
3. Look for sparkling water if you are used to the carbonation of sugar.
4. Eat water-filled foods such as cucumber or watermelon.
5. Set an alarm on your phone to drink one 8 oz. glass of water every hour you are awake that day.